2014年11月10日星期一

Slog for Week Oct. 27

We’re going further on the topic of sorting method and big O/omega. But as we’re moving on, I’m getting more and more confused about this chapter’s topic.
  1. While we are counting the running steps of a program, if a statement is false (like while loop, while n<100, and now n = 101), is it still counting as 1 step?
  2.  I’m not quite understanding the big O, particularly the Breakpoint B. As we are making a proof of big O, what kind of number we should take for B? (as specific as possible)3.       When I’m counting steps, I usually struggle on this kind of problem:
  3.     .     When I’m counting steps, I usually struggle on this kind of problem:




so as we’re counting running steps of a while loop inside a while loop, is it the easiest way to start from the inside while loop?

没有评论:

发表评论